Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Tale of Mr. Twitchy

For a lark I've been replying to CL ads that aren't necessarily exactly what I'm looking for...  trying out the 'stereotypes' so to speak...  for example - I sent a response to an ad from a gentleman who claimed to be a money manager on Bay street and was looking for a princess to spoil (hey, I can be a princess!)

I receive a reply to my e-mail and he seems OK,  we make plans to meet at the mall near my workplace for lunch today because he'll be up in the area (which is nowhere NEAR Bay Street)

We meet and he... generally fits the description he gave... so bonus points there!  However.. he twitches... like..  has a number of involuntary ticks... which, OK, is really not his fault, but is still a little off putting.

He chooses to eat at one of those food-court type places that's not actually located at the food court...  low-quality deli meat served by minimum wage immigrants who would spit in your food if you turned your back.

And then he opens his mouth... and he has worse social skills than the most female-phobic engineer I know... spends the entire time babbling about his travels around the GTA for family obligations, and how he lives and works right near where I work, and how he DOES do money management but sort of on his own and how he's also doing some P.I. work and pulls out this mini tape recorder and explains about how he tapes conversations sometimes but he's not a snoop (I checked, the recorder was NOT going during lunch) and why does my gmail show that I have a camera sometimes and aren't I worried about people recording what I show them and on and on and on!

Finally, I pull out my phone and exclaim at the time... oh noes! I have big deadline for client this afternoon! must be going! so sorry!

I made my excuses and left as quickly as possible.  First meeting/date I've gone on that they haven't even earned a peck on the cheek or hug goodbye...

...

I'll just go put away my tiara...

No comments:

Post a Comment