Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Torture Garden

So sorry I missed you all at Torture Garden... I managed to say hello to some people I recognized, but dee, etc - we should have made more definite plans than "I'm sure we'll manage to bump in to each other" ...

 

That and we sort of got bored and left around 1am... 

 

You see Dear Readers, it seems that LD and I never learn - we've yet to go to a play party with a dance floor and not leave bored.  We've got a few things going against us.  First of all, LD is from Montreal, where the scene is quite different... from what I understand, Toronto is quite tame in comparison.  I don't think that LD has yet to see anything in Toronto which has impressed Him, and His idea of 'tame' doesn't always jive with the community here (which can get us in trouble).  Also, we don't really dance. Finally, when we go to a play party, it's to.. you know... play...

 

So you end up with an event like Torture Garden, which is hailed as this long weekend extravaganza of kink and bad-assery, and except for the small section of play space (5 pieces of equipment and a second small section for non-equipment play) is essentially just a dance club with costumes.  The Torture Garden website had a very short list of rules for the dungeon, which boiled down to - no genital penetration, no breathplay, no fire play - we thought we were set to be able to have this big crazy hardcore scene.  Arriving at the entrance to the play space, there was a list of rules longer than the commandments. Dudes, when even GOD is less restrictive, you've got problems.

 

and so did we... one of the rules was "no genital nudity" ... I was wearing a very small lace dress without panties.  While LD did try to insert some ginger, which was clearly a no-no (bad LD!), at one point my skirt got hiked up and he grabbed me by the crotch, which apparently counted as nudity, or penetration, or both, and the DM kicked us out of the dungeon.

 

Let's ignore the fact that LD was pressed up right against me and it was dark - the DM must have been keeping a really close eye on us to notice that my skirt was hiked up enough for my cunt to be uncovered.  Let's ignore the fact that because LD was pressed up so close to me, no one could see anything.  Oh well, live and learn.  I was mildly ticked off on the way home that LD had gotten us kicked out of the dungeon - I HAD pointed out the 'no genital nudity' rule, as well as the 'no penetration' rule a couple of times prior to the start of our scene.  Once the rope starts going on me, I go in to la-la land pretty quickly and honestly didn't realize we had done anything wrong or were being kicked out until LD ended the scene early.

 

Once we left the dungeon area and descended into the throng of dancers once more, we didn't stay long.  Are we so jaded and "been there, seen that" that men flying through the air, suspended by hooks in their flesh, and women fellating squid just aren't titillating enough for us?  Around 1am we decided to leave, and that's when (sadly) I got my biggest (and only) bruise of the evening.

 

On our way out of the club, LD still had me on my leash.  As He tugged me towards the door, a Domme in red latex decided she wanted to go to the second floor, via the staircase that was on the other side of my leash.

 

Can you see where this is going Dear Readers?  

 

Despite a number of panicked cries of "EXCUSE ME", and attempted to grab at her, she plowed right through the leash.  Me on my sky-high heels on the uneven floor never stood a chance.  Down I went.  Flailing madly, the leash partly caught my fall, but left quite the impressive bruise on the underside of my left arm.  

 

I think that the lesson that LD and I have learned, is to avoid play parties that feature a DJ and dance floor as a main attraction (TG, subspace, etc).  They are clearly not organized with play as the focus, and as fun as people watching and gazing at the fetwear can be... we're just not Stand and Model.

 

Even at the parties that are more play focussed (i.e. K4P), I leave feeling that we could have had a much more satisfying 'scene' if we had stayed at home.  LD and I are just too much in to kinks and activities that are verboten at public events... breathplay and penetration as a couple of examples.

 

I woke up Sunday morning with some welts on my ass that have long faded, a big purple bruise on my arm, and resolve that next play party we attend should be in Montreal.

 

Perhaps with a more permissive community, and some advanced discussion with the organizer, we can have a truly satisfying public scene.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. We looked for you! :'(

    I'll be honest I didn't have the greatest time although I chalked it up mostly to me being not in the mood. It was so busy and loud and usually that gets me excited - but I was a bit out of it from dealing with family stuff earlier. So yeah. Felt fat. Could barely talk/hear anyone. Felt old. Drank quickly & got a nice buzz. Danced. Overheated. Lost buzz. Left at 2:30-ish.

    It was okay but expensive for an 'okay' night. And everyone is raving about how incredible it was and I'm like "Really?"...I have to say I enjoy the Black & Blue parties at Patricia Marsh's Dungeon 1,000,000X more!

    I mean, I would go again next year but with different expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes some people were SO rude...like you said - being clotheslined by your leash...I hope she apologized!! Just felt very...clubby.

    Let's plan a road trip to Montreal! :)

    ReplyDelete