Thursday, September 30, 2010

They Say I've Got a Face Made for Radio...

Ok, that's not entirely true... I've been told I've got a voice for radio "but it'd have to be late night radio, cause it's too sexy for daytime"

I'm not sure what to think.

This enlightening comment came from my dear younger sister when we were skyping last week.  When I repeated the comment to LD, His reaction was along the lines of "It's perfect! Piggy Radio! You can do daily 5 minute recordings and sell them off to whoever will buy them.  That's how Perez Hilton started off and it's not like you're lacking in free time at the moment"

So I discovered something deeply disturbing about my psyche, Dear Readers.

You can ask me to piss myself in front of you... you can call me a dirty nasty whore... make me crawl through garbage in a dirty construction site and shout out my depravity for all to hear...  all without blinking.

Ask me to listen to the playback of a recording I've made, and all of a sudden I'm a blushing virgin.

I recorded a demo for Sir the other day - the 1st part of my swingers party story from the blog, for lack of better material.  After 5 seconds of Him listening, I had to lock myself in the bathroom with the fan on, and busy myself plucking my eyebrows and cleaning the toilet until He was finished.  I honestly could not listen to it without feeling complete and utter humiliation.

I have no clue why.

I have no problem recording it! I know how to use my voice to sound sultry and sexy.  If you asked me to talk dirty for you in person, I'd be fine with that - and in fact DO often use my voice to good effect in bed.

I am a strange, strange girl.

The other bump in this road, of course, is if anyone would listen and/or pick up my little podcast/radio show.  Would you listen to these stories and other rambling thoughts from my brain, if they were available?

No comments:

Post a Comment