Friday, September 24, 2010

Frustration

On Monday I had 3 Interviews, with Company X, Company Y and Company Z, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

On Tuesday I went to my interview with Company X.  When I got home, there was an e-mail from Company Z telling me they had hired a candidate from Monday's interviews and no longer wished to see me on Thursday.

An hour later, the recruiter for Company Y told me that the client (Company Y) wasn't doing interviews on Wednesday for my position, they were interviewing for other positions that day and she would keep me posted about the rescheduling of my interview.

Tuesday night I had gone from 3 interviews to 1.

Wednesday I got a call from Company A and did a preliminary screening  Wednesday afternoon I got a call back from Company A asking me to come and interview on Friday.

Thursday I was messing around on LinkedIn and sent some e-mails to a few people I'd recently added on a whim, asking if they'd consider taking a look at my profile.  This morning I had an e-mail from one of them asking for my resume.  Half an hour later (at 7am) he asked me to come and interview.  Today. This afternoon.

As of Friday afternoon, I will have gone from 1 interview to 3.

As Charlie Brown would say... "good grief"

No comments:

Post a Comment