Monday, September 20, 2010

My Missing Education

Sir and I were out running errands on Saturday and we decided to get some lunch.  Sitting outside on the patio, enjoying the beautiful day, Sir makes a comment about all of the men staring at me.

"what men? staring? at what?"

Apparently my tight sweater was gathering a number of appreciative glances, much to my oblivious delight.  I challenged Him to prove to me that this was happening, and mention it when it happened again.  For the rest of the afternoon, ever couple of minutes Sir would point out someone He felt was ogling me.  I'm not sure that many of these glances was anything more than general people watching and "seeing" people as opposed to "looking" at them, but it made me think...

I have never picked up a person without the assistance of the internet.  Am I that ruined by digital matchmaking that I can not recognize more subtle in-person clues?

In high-school, I dated two guys from my personal group of friends... but after that I've met and/or negotiated every relationship and hookup over the internet.  I've never picked someone up in person, never gotten a one night stand at a club, and obviously can't even tell when people are flirting/staring/trying to pick me up in person.  It's like I'm social retarded... a Digital Native trying to navigate a foreign culture.  What is this "real life" you're telling me about?  People find sex out there too?

I'm so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment