Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pet Names

LD has been searching for a pet name to call me for some time now... pretty much since we've started dating.  Name calling is something that I enjoy, and it fits in so well with humiliation play, or to put me in the proper mindset for a scene... Aside from the variety of names used 'in scene', having a regular pet name is affectionate, it sets a mood/mindset even when not in scene, reminds the submissive of their place...  LD has a name, which I do not know, which he would like to call me... one day... once our dynamic is at that point...  His second choice, and my name for the time being is...

piggy

...

...

...

Are you all done with your moral indignation and gasping?  One friend, when I told her my pet name, responded with "omg I would cry".  'Humiliating' names are apparently fine for play, but not as an every day nickname.

Do I like the nickname 'piggy'? not particularly; I'm not particularly against it either.  I'm actually fairly apathetic about it... it doesn't bring about any strong reaction of shame or embarrassment... nor does it fill me with warm fuzzy feelings of love and tenderness.  It does make me feel slightly more self conscious about my weight, but considering I'm trying to drop a few pounds, that's not a bad thing.  Will I want to blush and stammer and whisper it the first time he makes me call myself piggy?  Probably... Will I let myself? No.  Will I learn to love it? Most likely... much as giving my husband the middle finger has come to represent "I love you", any demeaning/degrading/disrespectful action or word can take on its own meaning to a couple.

On that note... I'm off to market - I've got a roast beef to purchase...

No comments:

Post a Comment