Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some Self-Pity

Warning: Non-Sexual conversation involving vomit up ahead

Oh Woe Is Me.

I have reached a point where I am going in to talk to my Pharmacist today about dietary supplements... the only food I'm able to eat without being violently nauseous are rice cakes.  Rice cakes are tasty.  They are not nutritionally diverse.  

That said, I do take Iron, B12 and Vitamin C supplements, plus a regular multi-vitamin.  The thought of ensure makes me want to puke.  The thought of 'protein shakes' makes me want to puke even more violently.  I tried eating some scrambled eggs (which I'd secretly fortified with cheese) and some ham and bread yesterday.  I then spent the next two hours lying in bed trying to fall asleep despite the feeling that I'd have to make a mad dash to the bathroom at any minute.

The bread was ok... I had another piece or two later on that afternoon.  So I lied earlier, I'm subsisting on bread and rice cakes.  Bananas and Applesauce are also supposed to be easy to digest, but I hate applesauce and the thought of bananas right now makes me want to gag.

Fun Fact:  I rarely actually vomit.  I feel overwhelmingly nauseous to the point of breaking out in perspiration and hovering near the door of the bathroom, but I never puke.  Sometimes I wonder if I should learn to embrace sticking my fingers down my throat.  Not sure if that would make me feel better or worse.

The golden lining to this is that when I weigh myself tonight I bet you a million dollars that I've continued to lose weight, and that by the time this migraine issue is resolved I will have hit my goal weight. So.. ummm.... yay for weight loss!

I really gotta get some better marketing copy for this diet... I'm not gonna sell it with what I just wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment